8.19.2019

Cozy Fic: A New Blog

Hello friends!

I've decided to give sharing online a try, so we'll see how this goes. With my usual luck, it'll be swept aside in a matter of weeks and I'll come across this account next year and feel a sense of embarrassment that I couldn't keep it together for even an entire month. It's good to start with low expectations, right?

In addition to three posts a week here: Pictures , Recipes , and Stories (?) (Titles are a work in progress.) (As are what I'm actually going to be doing those days, frankly.), I am also going to try and post a picture a day over on Instagram - I am headed into the Internet full force! We'll see what else Internet-land has to offer as we go. I've heard things about Tumblr, but I'm still not sure what I'm supposed to put on there, so that may be a long term goal once I understand what it is/does/has/?.

I think this may be supposed to be Story Day (Story Time? Curl Up With A Monitor? Cozy Time? Cozy Fiction? Is that a genre, I think that's a genre. It sounds better than Story Day, any road.) So, if this is the newly christened 'Cozy Fic' posting day, I guess I'm starting off with the story of setting up this blog. Which is a pretty cozy story, I guess, so let me paint you the picture.

Exterior: Dark and rainy, with the weather alternating between lashing sideways and subsiding into the sky with muttered grumbling in the distance. It's a late summer storm, so the air when it is not actively raining is thick and heated, which would make the rain a welcome guest were it not for the previous two months of flooding. Even from here, I can almost hear the creeks rising over their beds again across the fields.

Interior: A golden-glow of a kitchen with two lanky cats livening up the room, an orange one sprawled over my feet and a gray-white beastie curled in my lap. Between the bouts of rain, the sound of crickets pierces through the room over the quiet hum of the laptop. Also on the counter desk space, tossed casually to one side, is a pen and a scrap of paper. Neatly down one corner of the page is a list, all the items of which are crossed out except one: Ms Read.

I am Ms Read now, and this is my blog (for however long it lasts). Welcome!

No comments: